The Society Chirurgeon must fulfill all the requirements to be a
Chirurgeon described in Section II.2 of the Chirurgeon's Handbook.
The Society Chirurgeon:
- Is a corporate officer of the SCA.
- Is appointed and removed by the Board of Directors of the SCA.
- Maintains records of serious injuries and works with the Marshal of the SCA to develop policies and standards to minimize the occurrence of serious fighting injuries.
- Warrants and removes Kingdom Chirurgeons in conjunction with the Crowns of the Kingdoms.
- Develops, updates, and administers corporate Chirurgeonate policy with the aid of appropriate SCA, first-aid, medical, and legal resources.
- Submits quarterly reports to the President and Board of Directors of the SCA, and carries out any further duties as directed by the Board of Directors.
Deputy Corporate Chirurgeons
A Deputy Corporate Chirurgeon need not fulfill the requirements of a warranted Chirurgeon as described in Section II.2 of the Chirurgeon's Handbook. Any Deputy Corporate Chirurgeon will be warranted or removed by the Society Chirurgeon and the Board of Directors.
A Deputy Corporate Chirurgeon will perform any duties as directed by the Society Chirurgeon. These duties will not include first aid unless a separate warrant is held as a Chirurgeon in good standing as described in Section II.2 of the Chirurgeon's Handbook.
If the Society Chirurgeon does not desire a deputy or deputies, this office will not exist at that time.